Hram Pokrova Presvjatoj Bogoroditsy (the Bottom Oreanda)
Hram Pokrova Presvjatoj Bogoroditsy has been constructed by request of Grand duke Konstantin Nikolaevicha Romanov in 1885. It is executed in the Georgian-Byzantian style under the project of the academician of architecture of A.A.Avdeev. The temple has been ornated in the mosaic images and ornaments of work Italian mozaichista by Antonio Salviati. In a temple ornament and ornamentalisty as prince G.G.Gagarin, the former Vice-president of Imperial Academy of arts such well-known painters also took part in St.-Petersburg, academicians D.I.Grimm, M.V.Vasilev.
In the end of XIX — the beginning of XX centuries the temple was considered as one of the most beautiful on Southern coast of Crimea. Sacred just John Kronshtadtsky served in this fertile place, here fasted and prichashchalas vmts. Grand duchess Elizabeth Fedorovna. Since Alexander III, all imperial surname, all Grand dukes and princesses when they had a rest on, Juzhnoberezhe here came to pray.
Here happened And. P.Chekhov. «In an Oreanda sat on a bench, near to church … Gurov thought of how in effect, if to ponder, all is fine in this world, all, besides, that ourselves think and we do, when we forget about the life prime targets, about the human advantage». These are lines of one of Anton Pavlovicha Chekhov's the best stories «the Lady with the doggie». In this fertile place having to philosophical reflexions And. P.Chekhov places the heroes Anna Sergeevnu and Dmitry Dmitrievicha Gurov.
In 1924 the temple has been closed and transferred in conducting OHRISa (the organisation on protection of monuments) to use it as the monument of architecture having a unique mosaic. Subsequently in 1928, a temple assumed to take down. During the post-war period the temple was used under mechanical workshops, building and vegetable warehouses.
In 1992 the temple was returned by Churches. And now we again can see the rare image of the Savior in the boyhood, twelve apostles, a full image of an icon of Pokrova Presvjatoj Bogoroditsy and partially remained faces sacred. Here divine services are made, and there is a partial restoration.
The Address: the item an Oreanda.
Journey: by bus and fixed-route taxis №№ 26, 27, 47, 32 to a stop of "Livadija-2"; from the centre by the bus № 11 to a stop of "Livadija".
In addition on the given theme:
Krestovozdvizhensky Church (Livadija)
the Cathedral of Sacred Blagovernogo of Prince Alexander Nevskogo
the Temple of Archangel Michael (Alupka)
the Temple of St. Blg. Prince Alexander Nevskogo at sanatorium St. Onions (Alupka)
the Temple of the St. Great martyr and Healer Panteleimona
Sacred John Zlatousta's Temple
Church of Revival Christ's (the item of Foros)
Preobrazhenija Gospodnja Church
Church of Sacred Great martyr Feodor Tirona
Sacred Nikolay Chudotvortsa's Church (the item of Massandra)