Krestovozdvizhensky Church (Livadija)
The Palace church in honour of Vozdvizhenija Even and Life-giving Kresta Gospodnja constructed still at Alexander II has been conceived as a treasury and storehouse of religious relics of the Russian imperial house; has been put on September, 8th (21), 1862 and was under construction under the project of the professor of architecture of I.A.Monigetti.
The Church is built in the Byzantian style. This one-storeyed stone building, square in the plan, one-dome. Walls are cut by deep arch windows where are available in two ranks 13 ljukarn the Byzantian style. The riches of furnish were underlined by a magnificent iconostasis from snow-white carved marble, a cast bronze gate, a church chandelier and the door lattices, expensive carpets weaved in Paris. In the dome centre, on the blue arch with gold stars, it was allocated Jesus Christ monocolumns. On walls it has been written about 30 images of saints especially esteemed in an imperial family, after them became more than 50; among them three big panels were allocated:« Vozdvizhenie the Fair Cross "," Christmas Presvjatoj of the Virgin "," Secret Vespers ». The invaluable sacred relics brought in gift to an imperial family by descendants of the Georgian tsars and visitors from far Palestin were stored In a temple, among them a particle of hallows from Simeona Stolpnika, St. Great martyr George Pobedonostsa, St. Ravnoapostolnoj Nina. In days of reign of emperor Alexander III near to church have erected a graceful belfry to 6 bells, the forms reproducing a temple in a miniature. Simultaneously the Venetian master A.Salviati has translated zaprestolnyj an image in a smalto mosaic. In 1910-1911 architect N. P.Krasnov on a place of the old has erected a new Big Imperial palace. According to will of the Highest customer, emperor Nikolay II, church have kept, but it has been decided to expand its western side-altar, in a new fashion to arrange an input in a temple, having decorated a church porch with the Byzantian colonnade. The artist And. And. Slavtsov has restored an old list and has anew painted walls pristroechnoj parts. On its drawing professor P.A.Chistjakov has created nadvratnuju "Angel Gospoden's" mosaic icon.
The Address: the item of Livadija, the Palace complex, ph. 31-07-20.
Journey: by bus № 11 to a stop of "Livadija", from a stop of "Spartak" to reach
Fixed-route taxi № 5 to Livadii.
In addition on the given theme:
the Cathedral of Sacred Blagovernogo of Prince Alexander Nevskogo
the Temple of Archangel Michael (Alupka)
Hram Pokrova Presvjatoj Bogoroditsy (the Bottom Oreanda)
the Temple of St. Blg. Prince Alexander Nevskogo at sanatorium St. Onions (Alupka)
the Temple of the St. Great martyr and Healer Panteleimona
Sacred John Zlatousta's Temple
Church of Revival Christ's (the item of Foros)
Preobrazhenija Gospodnja Church
Church of Sacred Great martyr Feodor Tirona
Sacred Nikolay Chudotvortsa's Church (the item of Massandra)